Send entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Jessica Phoenix, Beargrease Director and photo contest coordinator at email@example.com with any questions. You can also call the Beargrease office (218) 722-7631 with questions. Email is the preferred method as there isn’t always someone available at the office. You may need to leave a message.
- Adult: 18 years and up
- Teen: 13-17 years
- Kids: 12 and under
3. Photos may be used for Beargrease promotional materials. Including but not limited to poster, brochures, race program, website or any other advertising possibilities. By entering the photo contest you give the Beargrease permission to use your photo in advertising and promotional materials. Photographers will always be given photo credits.
1. Each entrant is allowed two entries. One entry must contain some type of promotional material, i.e. bib, banner or other Beargrease advertisement. If you only make one entry it must contain this material. (This rule does not apply to the Kids 12 and under category)
2. All photo entries must contain at least one
dog, musher, sled or other aspect of dog mushing.
3. All photo entries must be taken during the
current or a previous running of the John Beargrease Sled Dog Races. This may include marathon, mid-distance,
jr./rec race, cub run or any other aspect of the race including ceremonies,
banquets, etc. They must never have
placed in a previous Beargrease Photo Contest.
4. All entries must be made to
firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on March 31, the year of the
current race. Entries must be in low
resolution but available in high resolution to place in the contest. With your entry you must include your name,
age category, mailing address, phone number and email address. You may also include a title for the photo,
where it was taken, who is in the photo and which race it was taken during.
5. Voting details will be posted at a later
date, as the deadline gets closer.
First, second and third place will be chosen for each category. Results will be announced by May 1st the year
of the race. A board of directors
honorable mention may also be made in each category.